This course learn how to protect information in your Microsoft 365 deployment.
We focuses on data governance and information protection within your organization. The course covers implementation of data loss prevention policies, sensitive information types, sensitivity labels, data retention policies and Office 365 message encryption among other related topics.
The Information Protection Administrator plans and implements controls that meet organizational compliance needs. This person is responsible for translating requirements and compliance controls into technical implementation. They assist organizational control owners to become and stay compliant. They work with information technology (IT) personnel, business application owners, human resources, and legal stakeholders to implement technology that supports policies and controls necessary to sufficiently address regulatory requirements for their organization.
- Explain and use sensitivity labels.
- Configure Data Loss Prevention policies.
- Secure messages in Office 365.
- Describe the information governance configuration process.
- Define key terms associated with Microsoft’s information protection and governance solutions.
- Explain the Content explorer and Activity explorer.
- Describe how to use sensitive information types and trainable classifiers.
- Review and analyze DLP reports.
- Identify and mitigate DLP policy violations.
- Describe the integration of DLP with Microsoft Cloud App Security (MCAS).
- Deploy Endpoint DLP
- Describe records management
- Configure event driven retention
- Import a file plan
- Configure retention policies and labels
- Create custom keyword dictionaries
- Implement document fingerprinting
Module 1: Implement Information Protection in Microsoft 365
Learn how to protect your sensitive information. Learn how Microsoft 365 information protection and governance solutions help you protect and govern your data, throughout its lifecycle.
- Introduction to information protection and governance in Microsoft 365
- Classify data for protection and governance
- Create and manage sensitive information types
- Describe Microsoft 365 encryption
- Deploy message encryption in Office 365
- Configure sensitivity labels
- Apply and manage sensitivity labels
Lab : Implement Information Protection
- Assign permissions for compliance
- Manage Office 365 message encryption
- Manage Sensitive Information Types
- Manage Trainable Classifiers
- Manage Sensitivity Labels
Module 2: Implement Data Loss Prevention in Microsoft 365
In this module we discuss how to implement data loss prevention techniques to secure your Microsoft 365 data.
- Prevent Data loss in Microsoft 365
- Implement Endpoint data loss prevention
- Configure DLP policies for Microsoft Cloud App Security and Power Platform
- Manage DLP policies and reports in Microsoft 365
Lab : Implement Data Loss Prevention
- Manage DLP policies
- Mange Endpoint DLP
- Test DLP policies
- Mange DLP reports
Module 3: Implement Information Governance in Microsoft 365
In this module you will learn how to plan and implement information governance strategies for an organization.
- Govern information in Microsoft 365
- Manage data retention in Microsoft 365 workloads
- Manage records in Microsoft 365
Lab : Implement Information Governance
- Configure Retention Labels
- Implement Retention Labels
- Configure Service-based Retention
- Use eDiscovery for Recovery
- Configure Records Management